The word luxury brings in different meaning to different people. It might mean indulgence, relaxation, comfort, sumptuous or enjoyment. When you are in India the luxury should definitely mean Royal experience similar to what you will get to the Maharaja Express. India has a rich history of Royal lifestyle with numerous kings ruling the country for hundreds of years. They have left behind a rich heritage to experience.
The palaces that are part of Indian luxury till date are something that you will defiantly not find in any other parts of the world. You can welcome yourself to India as a royal ambassador and give yourself the palatial treat by opting to stay in these heritage hotels. That is the reason I suggest you to experience the luxury of Indian Heritage hotels when it comes to choosing luxury hotels in India.
In a country like India where 565 kingdoms had established their power, the Rajput kingdom is considered to be the most flamboyant of them all. The now Rajasthan has the most heritage hotels in India.
Here are a few good reasons why you should choose to unveil the hidden treasures of Indian heritage.
• You will get a chance to live the life king size and literally experience the royal treatment.
• Heritage hotels in India have the royal menu to serve their guests.
• In most of these heritage hotels food is cooked and served in authentic style.
• Grab your chance to dine in the huge durbar halls.
• The interiors and the ambience in every room and suites are designed to give you royal feeling.
• Above all you are getting a chance to stay in the actual palace where once kings had their home.
• Elephant rides and horse rides for nearby site seeing along with the men and women dressed in traditional attire following you to cater your needs on the spot are all the part of your stay at such hotels.
Heritage Hotels of royal India can be seen in 37 destinations across India and there are about 40 such hotels.
A few of the most popular heritage hotels in India:
1. Taj Lake Palace, Udaipur
2. Umaid Bhavan Palace, Jodhpur
3. Taj Jai Mahal Palace, Jaipur
4. Taj Gateway Hotel, Jaisalmer
5. Taj Rambagh Palace, Jaipur
6. Taj Nadesar Palace, Varanasi
7. Taj Falaknuma Palace, Hyderabad
8. The Bagh, Bharatpur
9. Lalitha Mahal Palace, Mysore
10. Devigarh Resorts, Udaipur
11. Raj Palace, Jaipur
12. Shiv Vilas Palace, Jaipur
13. Kumarakom Lake Resorts, Kerala
14. Laxmi Vilas Palace, Udaipur
15. Shiv Niwas Palace, Udaipur
16. Balsamand Lake Palace, Jodhpur
17. Hotel Raas, Jodhpur
18. Fateh Prakash Palace, Udaipur
19. Nahargarh, Sawai Madhopur and I am not yet done with the list…
Yes, it goes without saying that you have a range of lavish modern style hotels to look for if you choose to be comfortable in more westernised 5 star hotels. A few brands which stand out in the masses when it comes to hospitality are The Taj, The Oberoi Group, The Leela, Hyatt, The Lalit, Trident, Marriot, ITC-Welcomegroup and Ista hotels.
These modern luxury hotels will not give you a chance to miss your home back in your country. They not only have their hotels designed to suit the comforts of different parts of the world but also serves you with the cuisine of your choice. You ask for it and you will have it be it Chinese, Italian, French, Lebanese, Sushi, continental, Vietnamese etc. But you should look for the hotel provisions before you book to see if the catering is done for multi-cuisine or only the selected ones.
Here is a list of few hotels by the big brands in India
Hotels by The Taj group
1. Taj West End, Bangalore
2. Taj Mahal, Dehli
3. Taj Exotica, Goa
4. Taj Bengal, Kolkota
5. Taj Krishna, Hyderabad and a lot more of them.
Hotels by Oberoi group
1. Oberoi Amarvilas, Agra
2. Wild Flower Hall, Shimla
3. Oberoi, Bangalore
4. Oberoi, Delhi
5. The Oberoi Vanyavilas, Sawai madhopur
6. Oberoi, Mumbai
7. Oberoi, Kolkata
8. Oberoi Rajvilas, Jaipur and a few more in other cities.
Hotels by The Leela
1. The Leela Palace, Udaipur
2. The Leela Kempinski, Mumbai
3. The Leela, Kovalam
4. The Leela palace Kempinski, Bangalore
5. The Leela, Goa
6. Leela Kempinski, Delhi
Hotels by Hyatt group
1. Grand Hyatt, Mumbai
2. Hyatt Regency, Delhi
3. Hyatt Regency, Kolkata
4. Park Hyatt Resort, Goa
Apart from providing westernised luxury some of these top hospitality tycoons in India also maintain the heritage hotels as part of their chain of hotels. These groups or the brands have chain of hotels across India prominently in tourist places.
So what are you planning to have fun with? Is your choice a modern style 5 star hotel or the luxury coupled with the essence of Indian heritage? I suggest you go for the heritage hotels of India.