These are some of the things you can do to get back links when you write a post on your blog. The idea is to get it indexed by search engines as soon as possible. There is a lot of argument about back links; it is said that, some are good and some can actually harm your ranking. A backlink has more weightage if its coming from similar niches. But then this is debatable.
1. First things first, ping it. If you are using WordPress then, then it is automatically done on ping-o-matic. There is a form in WordPress that allows you to enter all the places you want to ping your site after publishing a blog post.
2. Submit your blog post URL on Twitter to let your followers know that you have published something. Include some text; an URL on its own does not look nice. Be creative with your limited allowance of words.
3. Send your blog URL to your Facebook for your friends to read and comment on.
4. You can also Digg your post. Make sure you write a good description. The more thumbs up you have better the chances of being read by more people.
5. You can also submit to Stumbleupon. But remember quality of traffic is pretty poor. The new algorithm states that, a longer a visitor stays on your site, the better it is. Most people on Stumbleupon, really Stumbleupon like mad. They move from one site to another like crazy.
6. Publish on Linkedin. There is a “share an update” box that allows you to attach a link. Do it, don’t be shy.
7. Post on identi.ca, a social micro-blogging platform. But remember they are no-follow. Its just letting your followers know that you have published.
8. Post on Apsense. It is a social networking site for business owners, internet marketers and affiliates. You can join using my referral link to join Apsense and send me a friend request. Try it, I know you want to.
9. Post on Blog Engage. If your post is good then it gets read by lot of people and will be promoted to the top page.
10. Go and post useful constructive comments on likeminded blogs and get some instant back links. Many blogs allow you to link to your latest post. This blog allows you to choose from your previous posts and is do-follow. So feel free to comment.
Are these the things you are doing when you write a blog post or do you just leave it at that? Feel free to comment. Please feel free to share your thoughts as to what you doing when you publish a post. If you have any more ideas, please do share them here.