But it’s not for everybody – weed out the day dreamers from the doers. Now it’s time to take real action. Don’t just sit there and think about how great it would be to own a profitable home business! I have made it happen, can you do the same. Will it really happen if you do not do anything. Get out there and make good things happen for you starting right now.
Here is a basic checklist that you can convert into your own, personalized action plan:
1. Talk with your significant other about your intentions. Be understanding about their fears and concerns, but ultimately tell them that you need their support. You have to let them know that you will not go the conventional job route but want to do something on the net.
2. Evaluate your current financial health. Do you have enough savings to live for a few months or for at least a year, if your business doesn’t make any sales initially due to the fact that you’re being thorough in your launch process?
3. Decide how to proceed based on your savings evaluation. You can choose to quit your job now if you have sufficient funds, or you may need to keep your job and work your business part-time until it begins to produce a substantial income.
4. Set up your home office or designated working space. Make a special area that you can keep tidy and use it as privately as possible and get into the habit of spending time in this area during the rest of your preparation steps.
5. Invest in your education. Find some quality learning material to increase your knowledge of this business model, learn about internet marketing, e-commerce, and more. You can join forums where marketers exchange ideas and share valuable tips. One great place to learn is Blog Engage.
6. Start your research campaign. Find out what the business models are, what is doing well, what products or services are in high demand, and how your skills and interests can be turned into profit. Don’t skip this step unless you’re ready to learn some lessons the hard way! Internet marketing can be a cruel thing.
7. Write out a simple plan of action. There is a lot of thinking to do. What kind of business will you start? What products will you offer and how will you provide these products? You need to focus on answering some of these basic questions.
8. Define your start-up budget. You can get started for free, but it’s a good idea to find at least some cash to get you rolling. Get creative if you have to – for instance, you could list a few items on eBay (your first foray into one form of Internet Marketing) and use the proceeds to fund your new home business.
9. Find a support network or a mentor. You should join a good marketing forum or hire a success coach to help you stay focused and make the right choices. I personally recommend you get everything you can for free first and then if you exhaust your education options, go for the paid coach.
10. Take action based on informed decisions! Planning and your mindset are both totally crucial to your success as person doing business on the web, but they’re nothing without action, so make sure you follow through on your well laid plans by doing something to build your business.
Gauge into your feelings right now. Do you feel nervous and scared? Are you afraid you are going to fail? Are you overwhelmed and disappointed that all those “overnight millionaire” dreams might not materialise for you? They are natural feelings. Ponder over those points outlined above and see if you can do them, then decide if its for you or not.