Shimla, the capital of Himachal, is one of the popular tourist spots in the country. It is an excellent location for people who are looking to have a break from their routine life. The picturesque valleys, pleasant climate, soothing cuisine, and warm people can make your vacation a memorable one indeed. The environment is filled with so much of love that it makes for the best destination for romantic couples to spend their honeymoon time. There are small markets here as well that fulfils every desire of the travellers to this place.
Culture & lifestyle in Shimla
Although the climate is cool in Shimla, the people here are so very warm hearted. Everyone believes in living a simplistic life here. They keep a balance between modern thoughts and traditional values. People here don’t follow any particular religion; they follow age old rituals and traditions and see that even their coming generations follow them. Generally, most of the people here come from Tibetan or Himachali background, and continue preaching the same. The culture is cordial and there is a happy atmosphere all over the town and beyond.
Tourist places to visit in Shimla
As Shimla is a tourist place, there are plenty of amazing tourist attractions here to check out. Some of the popular ones are:
- Kufri: It is also known as Switzerland of India or East. It is situated 19 km away from Shimla. It is a beautiful place offering breathtaking views to everyone. Winter season is the best time to visit this spot.
- Jakhoo Hills: It is considered to be the highest point of the Shimla town. There is also a Hanuman temple atop of the hill. It is open all day. Best way to reach this place is by trekking.
- Chail: It a snow clad town for ultimate peace. It is located 45 km away from the town. It is the best place to find the majestic beauty of the hills.
- Himalayan Bird Park: It is one of the most visited places in the town. It is a house to plenty of birds. Also, it is a calm and serene place.
Other interesting spots to visit are Christ Church, Kuthar Fort, Annandale, and more.
Romantic things to do in Shimla
- Romantic walks: Hand in hand, and walking amidst natural surroundings – nothing can be romantic from this. This is the best way to spend your romantic vacation with your partner.
- Enjoy coffee together: Chill climate, hot cuppa, and your partner with you. Can you ask for anything more?
- Hill top points: Summer Hill and Scandal Point are some spectacular places in Shimla where you can enjoy breathtaking views with your partner.
- Waterfalls: There are some beautiful falls here such as Chandwick falls, Naldhera, and Narkanda where you can relish spectacular nature views.
Shopping in Shimla
Shimla is a fantastic place for the shopaholics. A few bazaars include:
- The Mall: It is located in the centre of the city, it has shops, theatres, cafes, and lots more places to hangout.
- Tibetan market: You can get attractive handicrafts from this market.
- Himachal Emporium: It is the best place for winter clothes, especially Himachali ones such as shawls, caps, mufflers and more.
- Lower Bazaar: Also called as sabzi mandi, it is a good place for buying any stuff you need.
Best time to visit Shimla for honeymoon
Anytime of the year is the best time to visit Shimla. However, to spend a romantic vacation in Shimla, winter season would be amazing when the snow falls, the climate is chill, and there is fewer crowds. Make your reservations in advance to enjoy a great time with your partner amidst the cold and natural surroundings.
How to reach Shimla?
The nearest airport to Shimla is in Delhi and Chandigarh. There are flights connected from different parts of the country to Delhi airport and Chandigarh airport. From here, you can take buses or cabs to reach Shimla. Now you know everything about Shimla, and you are just few steps away from making reservations of your flights and hotels. Start planning now to spend the best time of your life in the summer capital of India.