When it comes to exploring some of the unconventional tourist destinations you can add Jordan to your bucket list. This place has all that you need to rejuvenate and relax. So, before going ahead and booking your tickets, it is important to know about this beautiful place and how can you make your visit to Jordan a memorable one.
What it is like to visit Jordan?
Well, if you have decided to visit Jordan as your next tourist destination, then be ready for incomparable adventure and staggering landscapes that are going to stay in your heart forever. Although Jordan is a small country with a limited area, it has much variety to offer to its visitors ranging from different weather conditions to ancient monuments. There is an array of things that you can explore in this beautiful, friendly place of the Middle East. But, before you pack your bags, there are certain things that you must know before making a visit to this place.
- Jordan is safe– One of the first things that you should know if you are traveling to this place is that this place, though having a history of conflicts, is safe to visit. So, if there are any apprehensions surrounding your mind, you should just brush them off. The people of the place are known for their warm hospitality and friendly nature. Did you know that as per Gallup’s 2017 Law and Order Report, Jordan was ranked 9th in terms of personal security, while the US got the 26th ranking?
- Cultural Etiquette– Well, if you are visiting this part of the world, you must get acquainted with the etiquettes of the place. This not only helps you mingle with the people, but also makes your trip an easy one. Well, the country is modern, but being an Arab nation, you must know that norms regarding clothing are strict. To respect the cultural norms, the women are expected to wear loose-fitting clothes and avoid revealing clothes. The same applies to men as well. They are not allowed to walk around topless at any time of the day. It is also advisable that you should have a scarf handy if you are traveling to Jordan. Donning a scarf is both of cultural significance and also a way to save yourself from the scorching heat.
- The Food– If you are in Jordan, you will have a lot of options when it comes to non-vegetarian food; but if you are a vegetarian, then your options might be limited as this place has meat in almost every dish. Mansaf is the national dish of Jordan, and you must taste it if you are fond of lamb meat. The meat is cooked in fermented yogurt and is served with rice.
- Best time to visit– Well, the weather in Jordan can be tricky and drastically varying. While the plains and deserts can give you a tough time with blistering heat in the summers, in the winters you can expect chilling winds to freeze you. So, if you are planning to book your tickets, then you can plan your travel between March-May. At this time of the year, the temperature peaks to 32°C which is comfortable as compared to the rest of the year. While June and September will have night temperature drop down to freeze you, the temperature further plummets between December and February. If you are willing to explore the marine life of Aqaba, then book your tickets between September and early November when the water is warm at around 26°C. Plan in advance and book your tickets on Cleartrip to get exciting deals on flight tickets to Jordan.
- Events to enjoy– Did you just think that a visit to Jordan is only about sightseeing. Well, here’s the ice-breaker, as the place has a list of events too that will keep you engaged and entertained. It has some daily events while there are others which are annual. Some of them are:
- The Roman Army and Chariot Experience: This is a daily event that showcases the performance of Roman Army and Chariot Experience at the hippodrome in Jerash. The show is open all days of the week except Friday. It starts at around 11 am and continues till 3 pm in the summer, while in the winter it runs till 2 pm.
- Petra by Night: This is a night tour which begins at 8:30 pm at the Petra Visitors. You can enjoy this on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
Some of the annual events which you can enjoy here are:
- Amman Dead Sea Ultra Marathon in April
- Jordan International Rally in May
- Distant Heat is an annual concert and dance festival that takes place in July
- Middle Eastern Dance Festival in October
- Visa Requirement– If you are traveling to Jordan, you would need visitors’ visa (JD40) at the international airport and land borders of Jordan. Another point to note while traveling to Jordan is that you must buy Jordan Pass online, as this will give you free access to many sights in Jordan like Petra. At the Airport, you can get the visa at the immigration desks. All the payments need to be done in Jordanian dinars.
At Land Borders- If you are traveling to Jordan by land, then you will need a visa on arrival at Sheikh Hussein Bridge or Wadi Araba from Israel.
- Five must-see places in Jordan– Jordan is a place that will offer you a wide array of options when it comes to picturesque beauty. From red-hued desert to marine life at Aqaba, you can find everything here. The place has so much to offer that it would be difficult to zero down to a few places but the following five places are a must-visit.
- Petra- The region consists of red-hued desert cliffs present in the southern hub of the country. The place is said to be inhabited in the 4th century and offers some great natural creations that are a must-watch.
- Amman- The capital city of Amman is one of the most westernized areas in the entire Middle-east. You can enjoy upmarket boutiques, restaurants, and eateries. It is the best place to visit if you want to see what real Jordan looks like. The place also has Citadel Hill, which has been the focus of human settlement since the Paleolithic age.
- The Dead Sea– It is the lowest and saltiest water bodies of the world. The lake is bordered by ochre-hued sand and rising mountains, which creates an eye-pleasing appeal.
- Wadi Rum- Want to enjoy some of nature’s most spectacular creations, then Wadi Rum is the must-visit area that is hosted with valleys in the desert. This place is situated in the south of the Shara Mountains.
- Mujib Nature Reserve- This place is known to be the lowest nature reserve of the globe which falls down into the saline water of the Dead Sea.
Fly to Jordan with Emirates
Emirates Airlines is one of the leading carriers for those who are looking to travel to any of the Middle East destinations, including Jordan. You can book Emirates Airlines ticket on Cleartrip that offers an easy and cheap air fares. Book for the round trip, and you can get an entire package at a lower price here. Not only this, it also provides a platform to book hotels at good rates. So, if you are ready to visit Jordan, then booking your Emirates flight at Cleartrip will make it easy for you.